Founded as a Mainframe User Group in 1975 when a group of some 200 computer professionals rallied to the cause of vendor-independent evaluation and improvement of computer performance. Armed with trusty metrics, focused minds, and unparalleled dedication to CPE, they incorporated as a non-profit organization in 1976 and ever since, CMG has served as a resource and gathering place for unbiased, vendor-neutral discussion about performance, capacity, and all things DX and enterprise technology.
Legends Series: Fireside Chat with Dr. Daniel Menasce – September 17 – Register Here
- Dr. Menasce is a University Professor of Computer Science at George Mason University, where he was Senior Associate Dean of the School of Engineering from 2005 to 2012. Menasce is a Fellow of the ACM, a Fellow of the IEEE, the recipient of the 2001 A.A. Michelson award, and a recipient of the 2017 Outstanding Faculty Award from the State Council of Higher Education of Virginia. He published over 250 papers and 5 books on various aspects of performance evaluation and autonomic computing.
Mainframe and the New Normal Virtual Conference Event – Register Here
- Information coming soon for this 5-session virtual event featuring Reg Harbeck, chief strategist at Mainframe Analytics ltd.
Recent Z Content on CMG.org
- April 3, 2020
- March 12, 2020
Upcoming CMG Events
Special CMG Rates for Z Day
To celebrate Z Day, CMG is pleased to offer 25% off on ALL MEMBERSHIP LEVELS.
Use code ZDAY at signup or click the button below for individual membership and get CMG for as low as $11/month.
About the CMG Community
- 2,400 Applications, DevOps and Cloud
- 1,000 Network and Datacenter
- 2,900 Mainframe Professionals
- 5,000 Executives and Business Leaders
- 19,000+ Total Professionals from more than 35 countries
- 35 countries represented
Benefits of Membership
- Online repository of 4,000 papers and presentations
- Robust Video-on-Demand Library
- Free and Discounted Events and Training Programs
- Discounts to CMG Annual IMPACT Conference
- Free Webinars
- Slack Workspace
- Inclusion and Access to Members Directory
- Speaking Opportunities
- Discounts to community events
- International Regional Chapters