- This event has passed.
Selecting Appropriate Cloud Platforms for Data Warehouse Workloads
May 21 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
If you are thinking about moving data warehouse workloads to the cloud, you will want to know the challenges of selecting the right platform to meet your goals at aminimum cost.
You are invited to join Dr. Boris Zibitsker on May 21 for a webinar about finding the appropriate private, public, hybrid or multi-cloud platform that will satisfy your business Service Level Goals at aminimum cost.
During this webinar, Boris will review a case study that evaluates Snowflake, Redshift, and IntelliCloud options for moving Teradata production workloads and data.
During this session you will learn:
- How to organize benchmarks and collect measurements from on-prem and potential cloud options
- How to estimate potential changes of CPU service and I/O throughput on each platform
- How to predict the impact of moving Teradata production workloads to the cloud
- How to predict the cloud configuration required to support service level goals for growing workloads
- How to estimate each cloud platform’s monthly costs for running each of the workloads
- Best practices and Performance Assurance tools that will allow your business and IT to justify an appropriate cloud platform
About the speaker
Dr. Boris Zibitsker is a founder and CEO of BEZNext. His focus is on the development of risk assessment, performance assurance, performance engineering, dynamic performance management and long-term capacity planning software tools for big data, data warehouse and cloud applications. Boris consults with many Fortune 500 companies, and he manages Capstone projects for graduate students in MS in Analytics at University of Chicago. He is a member of SPEC Big Data Research Group.