Creating Unity Between your APM Application Owners and Z SMEs in a Truly Hybrid WorldAugust 4, 2021
In a World of Cyber-attacks, Is Data Safe on a Mainframe?August 19, 2021
JOB ALERT! for Director: Mainframe Capacity Planning
The Enterprise Infrastructure organization is looking for strong team leader for the Stability Engineering Mainframe Capacity and Performance team. The team consists of senior mainframe performance analysts and capacity planners.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Provide leadership and direction for the mainframe capacity and performance team.
- Provide useful and candid feedback to team members, implement empowerment and transparency principles to enable and improve efficiency and trust within the team.
- Detailed understanding of the mechanics of the mainframe platform – must understand the zOS operating system, components, and peripherals. This includes CICS, DB2, MQ and WAS along with mainframe hardware components. Must understand the various tools the team uses to provide capacity and performance analysis to the firm. Including SAS, RMF, SMF, SYSVIEW, and various mainframe monitors.
- Lead the team in performance and capacity diagnosis. Ensure root cause analysis is complete for all performance and capacity issues on the mainframe.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile methodologies.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, proven ability to track and optimally complete complex environments.
- Ability to disseminate business critical information to all levels of management.
- Be comfortable in an ambiguous environment and respond well to frequent change.
- Strong communication, both verbal and written; ability to implement education and training across a broad technology population.
If interested, contact Ron Ritchey at 817/329-6830, [email protected]
For more job openings search or to post an open position, visit CMG’s Job Board at https://jobs.cmg.org/jobs/