In this presentation, Kim Eckert will talk about a client's journey to cloud where they can enter the journey at different points. She will talk about six different entry points: Plan and Deploy, Migrate, Refactor, adopt, extend, and scale.
And she will also mention business drivers that drive adoption:
1. Business Transformation – Customer’s want to shift their cloud strategy from ‘Utilization & Cost Improvements’ to ‘Delivering Strategic Business Value’
2. Application Modernization – Customer’s want to add cloud services to the existing apps
3. IT Optimization – Customer’s want to optimize the IT that they own & run
4. Big Data – Customer’s want to shift & scale big data from on-premise to cloud to exploit high value technologies like AI, IoT & Blockchain.
5. Security – The modern day business workplace creates a new set of security constraints for the heritage data center
6. Ecosystem – Customer’s want to gain access to an ecosystem where data, apps, services, and IP can be expanded, leveraged, and shared.
Kim will weave my customers experience and how they worked through all of the above.