Part 1 - Introduction
Part 2 - Defining Critical Practices : The Elements of Reliable Service
Part 3 - Types of SRE Implementations & CRE : SRE – Processes and Best Practices
What is SRE? Is SRE different from DevOps? Are they competing standards?
“SRE is what happens when you ask a software engineer to design an operations team” (B.T.Sloss)
- SRE or Site Reliability Engineering is coined by Benjamin Treynor Sloss – VP of Engineering at Google in 2003
- The focus is to apply a “Software Engineering” mindset instead of a “System Admin” approach to Service Management
- “Reliably” pursue maximum change velocity with emphasis on “Engineering”
- Bridges gap between Development and Operations
- Sounds similar to DevOps – Doesn’t it?