CMG the Digital Transformation Association, a not-for-profit organization, has built a highly skilled membership network over the past 40 years. With thousands of technology experts in its member community, CMG facilitates connections and communications, sharing ideas and best practices, and offering opportunities to interact directly with CMG sponsors. In 2017, CMG decided to deliver to its members and partners a new way to learn and interact with technologies. And, with that, the CMG Hackathon program was born.
CMG wants to spread a message about the importance of performance and capacity. Additionally, CMG’s members—who have always shown a desire to learn—were looking for ways to try out technologies face to face.
As a Corporate Partner, your goals may be the same, or very different. In general, companies partner on hackathons to:
- Crowdsource ideas and solutions utilizing proposed or existing technologies
- Increase API adoption
- Attract and identify technical talent
- Gain insights and uses for the massive amounts of data today’s systems collect
- Position themselves as a company that embraces technology
- Engage with potential customers and build brand recognition