2014 Board of Directors – Call for Nominations
From Alex Podelko – Nominations Committee Chair
Each year we elect new leaders to the Board to guide CMG and address the interests and needs of our members. This year is an especially challenging one for all of us: individually, for our companies, and for CMG. It is particularly during these hard times that we need strong, creative leaders we can rely on to set the direction of our organization and guide it through the difficult periods. These leaders need to be visionary – they must anticipate change. They also must connect with CMG members to determine how the organization will adjust to support our membership’s evolving interests and needs.
Are you someone, or do you know someone, who is both devoted to the mission of CMG and willing to support change as our profession evolves? We need your help – we need people who will lead our organization through these tenuous times, be willing to implement change, and keep CMG as the premier resource for all information technology/resource management issues. We need people who understand that what they get out of a volunteer organization really is dependent on what they are willing to put into it or give back to it.
This year CMG will elect two officers (Secretary and Treasurer) and three directors.
Are you ready for something exciting? If you are, please consider nominating yourself for one of the positions listed. Do you know someone who you think could make a real difference to CMG? Please send us their name and contact information (be sure to ask them first – there is a time commitment). The CMG Nominating Committee will contact any potential candidate you may identify and go over details and answer any questions the candidate may have.
There are four minimum requirements in the bylaws for any potential candidate:
1. Current CMG membership in good standing.
2. Satisfying at least two of the following:
- Attendance at the annual international conference at least once within the last four years.
- Having been an officer or director at a U.S. CMG regional group or international chapter at least once in the last seven years.
- Participation on any CMG Conference Committee at least once in the last seven years.
3. In addition to the qualifications stated above, a candidate for the position of Treasurer must have served at least one year as an officer or member of the CMG Board of Directors or as General Chair of the annual CMG conference.
4. If elected, willingness and ability to attend regularly-scheduled meetings (in-person and conference call) of the Board of Directors as required by CMG policies.
This call for nominations is issued in June 2014. All nominations must be received by Sunday, July 27th, 2014. The election will take place in August – September with results declared in early October.
Board members may be assigned special tasks by the President or the Board of Directors that go above and beyond the descriptions below.
• Keeps the minutes of the meetings of the Board of Directors and sees that notices are provided to the membership.
• Is responsible for membership applications and renewals and serves as the head of the membership committee.
• Approves all outgoing communications, communications to CMG members and web content.
Time Required: 5-10 hours a week
Previous Board Experience: None required
Term: Two years
• Is in charge of all funds and securities of CMG.
• Receives and gives receipts for monies due CMG, and deposits the monies.
• Serves as the co-chair for the Finance Committee.
• Works closely with the CMG accountant/bookkeeper, auditor, and investment counselor.
Time Required: 15-20 hours a week
Previous Board Experience: Has previously served on the CMG Board of Directors in some elected capacity or as Conference General Chair.
Term: Two years
• Determines CMG policy and direction.
• Usually serve as the head of a committee and may be a member of others.
Time Required: 2-5 hours a week depending on committee responsibilities
Previous Board Experience: Not required
Term: Two years
All nominations must be received by Sunday, July 27th, 2014 and sent to
Alex Podelko, Chair
2014 CMG Nominating Committee